Thursday, December 13, 2012

zucchini bread

Today I tried a new zucchini bread recipe for my husbands office. When I tried
the batter I thought it would be too sweet, but I was pleasantly surprised when
everyone loved it just as it was and didn't think I needed to change a thing.
So, here it is.

Recipe Name:

zucchini bread
Ingredients:

3/4 c butter
1 3/4 c raw sugar
3 eggs
1/4 c yogurt
3/8 t baking powder
3/8 t baking soda
7/8 t salt
2 1/2 c zucchini
2 1/2 t cinnamon
1/8 t nutmeg
1/8 t lemon zest
1/8 t vanilla
2 3/4 c flour
Steps:

* whip butter
*mix in sugar
*mix in eggs
*mix in yogurt
*add baking powder, baking soda, salt, zucchini, cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon zest,
and vanilla
mix until smooth
*mix in flour
*bake in greased pans at 350, for 1 hour or until a knife inserted comes out
clean.

*let cool 15 minutes before flipping pan.
NOTES:

*1 hour is for a standard loaf pan, and probably a standard cake pan. If you use
a bundt or other larger pan allow at least 1 1/2 hours. Do not use same knife
for checking multiple breads, as the butter in this will make knife appear clean
after the 1st bread.

* this recipe should do 2 loaf pans, or 1 standard cake pan or bundt.

*If you want to make this a little less fattening, then I suggest taking butter
down to 1/2 c and yogurt up to 1/2 c. You will have to adjust baking time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my food blog. If you have any question, comments or concerns please either go to the blog at http://ragingfoods.blogspot.com/ or email me at Raging.Mrs@gmail.com re: Raging Foods.

Thank you

Anthoinette Genheimer

French Onion Soup

 Due to health issues, some members of my family can only eat things with a clear broth base.  I decided to get creative and bring out the c...