Friday, December 14, 2012

Torta de Pasquelina

I got really lucky with this recipe. I have seen several versions but none of
them thrilled me. Already having committed this item to a feast and having
bought the ingredients I tweaked the seasoning, forgot the onion that I was
going to add and thankfully ended up with a fabulous appetizer that will please
anyone who likes spinach.

CATEGORY:
Vegetables
Recipe Name:

Torta de Pasquelina
Ingredients:

Crust
1 1/8 c flour
1/2 T olive oil
1/3 c cold water
Filling
1 1/2 oz grated parmesan
6 1/4 oz ricotta
10 oz frozen spinach
1/2 t salt
1 t pepper
1 t lemon juice

Other
4 eggs
Steps:

CRUST
* mix flour and oil then
* add water until it slips the bowl. This may take a few minutes of mixing.
* Divide it into 2 pieces, one about 2/3rds and the second about 1/3. Set aside.

FILLING
* thaw the spinach then squeeze out liquid.
* mix all ingredients together

ASSEMBLY
* roll out crusts, the larger one needs to be 3"+ larger than your pie tin, the
smaller one only needs to be as large as your pie tin
* center the large crust in the pan, hanging over the edges
* put filling in pan with an even top
* use a shotglass or other item to create 4 holes in filling that go to the
bottom crust
* break an egg into each hole
* place top crust in center
* fold edges of bottom crust over the top crust decoratively

* bake at 350 for 1 hour
NOTES:

* Every recipe that I have seen for this has double crusts with olive oil
between. I personally think this makes it too fussy so I just made single crusts

* I would not bother with fresh spinach as you end up with the same product and
a much higher cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my food blog. If you have any question, comments or concerns please either go to the blog at http://ragingfoods.blogspot.com/ or email me at Raging.Mrs@gmail.com re: Raging Foods.

Thank you

Anthoinette Genheimer

French Onion Soup

 Due to health issues, some members of my family can only eat things with a clear broth base.  I decided to get creative and bring out the c...