Friday, December 14, 2012

Braised Lamb Shanks

A few weeks back my husband got a hair and decided that he wanted to make lamb
sausage. He was so excited about it that I forget he really didn't like lamb.
As part of the sausage he wanted to use barley because lamb is UNGODLY
expensive!!!!! We wanted to cook the barley in lamb stock, but alas no lamb
bones were to be found. But what I was able to find were a couple of
B-E-A-U-T-ful lamb shanks. Now that you have read my ramblings you will be
rewarded with lamb that my husband thoroughly enjoyed.

CATEGORY:
Meat
Recipe Name:

Braised Lamb Shanks
Ingredients:

2 lamb shanks
2 carrots
2 stalk celery
1 red onion
1 T rosemary
1 t salt
1 t pepper
1 t thyme
1/2 c red wine
2 t garlic
Steps:

* put all ingredients except for shanks into pan and bring to boil
* lower to simmer
* add shanks
* cook for 1 hour

serve
NOTES:

If you desire making this a one pot wonder add 2 c water, 1 c barley, 1 t salt,
1 t pepper & 3/4 t mint before bringing to boil and cut the lamb off the bones,
leaving the bones in the pot for all of their bony goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my food blog. If you have any question, comments or concerns please either go to the blog at http://ragingfoods.blogspot.com/ or email me at Raging.Mrs@gmail.com re: Raging Foods.

Thank you

Anthoinette Genheimer

French Onion Soup

 Due to health issues, some members of my family can only eat things with a clear broth base.  I decided to get creative and bring out the c...