Friday, April 26, 2019

Mitchell's COME BACK SAUCE will have you coming back for more

We have some great friends here that we have shared some great food with.  Mitch surprised us with a bottle of his Come Back Sauce.  I have had and made come back sauce in Virginia.  Mine was great with seafood.  Mitches is great with everything!  We have used it as a salad dressing, on cooked vegetables, with steak, chicken, pork, potatoes.  It is great on everything!  He has not only given me the recipe but encouraged me to share it.  So, I am posting it on my blog.

Mitchell's Come Back Sauce

INGREDIENTS

1 c Mayonaisse-Blue Plate
1/2 c Olive Oil
1 T Prepared Mustard
1 T Worchestershire Sauce
1/2 t Black Pepper
1/2 t White Pepper
1 clove Garlic-minced or equivalent in liquid or powder
1 Onion, juice of or equivalent in liquid or powder
few dashes Tabasco
dash Paprika
1 T Water
a couple dashes of Dill Weed
dash Curry Powder

Combine all ingredients using and electric mixer.

My take on how to put this together

1 c Mayonaisse
1/2 c Olive Oil
1 T Yellow Prepared Mustard
1 T Worchestershire Sauce
1/2 t Black Pepper
1/2 t White Pepper
1t Garlic-minced
1 Onion
1 t Tabasco
1/2 t Paprika
1 T Water
1 t Dill Weed
1/2 t Yellow Curry Powder

Directions

1) Grate onion and strain to get juice

2) Put onion juice and remaining ingredients in mixer until will combined

3) Let sit for at least 1 hour, preferably 24 hours before using so that flavors can properly meld. 

I look forward to making and using this when we are done with the move.  In the mean time we will share what we have left with friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my food blog. If you have any question, comments or concerns please either go to the blog at http://ragingfoods.blogspot.com/ or email me at Raging.Mrs@gmail.com re: Raging Foods.

Thank you

Anthoinette Genheimer

French Onion Soup

 Due to health issues, some members of my family can only eat things with a clear broth base.  I decided to get creative and bring out the c...