Friday, December 14, 2012

Spaetzle in a Mushroom Cream Sauce

CATEGORY:
Starches
Recipe Name:

Spaetzle sauce
Ingredients:

1 bag spaetzle
2 T butter
2 T flour
2 c milk
1/4 onion, diced
1/4 lb mushroom, sliced
1/4 t salt
1/4 t pepper
1/4 t nutmeg
1 t garlic
Steps:

* put water on to boil to cook spaetzle

* saute onion and mushroom in butter

* coat with flour then whisk milk in and bring to boil, mix in remaining
ingredients and lower to simmer stirring frequently

* pour spaetzle into water

* serve immediately
NOTES:

* If this will not be served immediately or some will be saved as leftovers toss
spaetzle with some butter to coat before mixing with sauce to help it not soak
in all the sauce

5 comments:

  1. Super-Duper blog! I am loving it!! Will come back again. I am bookmarking your feeds also

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gotta favorite this site it seems extremely helpful handy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was good.
    I do not know who you are but definitely you're going
    to a famous blogger if you are not already ;) Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very good write-up. I definitely appreciate this website.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful post! We will be linking to this great article on our
    website. Keep up the great writing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my food blog. If you have any question, comments or concerns please either go to the blog at http://ragingfoods.blogspot.com/ or email me at Raging.Mrs@gmail.com re: Raging Foods.

Thank you

Anthoinette Genheimer

French Onion Soup

 Due to health issues, some members of my family can only eat things with a clear broth base.  I decided to get creative and bring out the c...