Sunday, April 21, 2019

Donut Bread Pudding

Bread Pudding is a classic in most Southern homes.  In Mississippi they make it exceptionally well!  As always I have to put my particular stamp on it.  Or, in this case, find a way to use the excess donuts they have at Church. 

I have two variations that I use of this recipe and I will put them below. 

INGREDIENTS(for 2)

2 donuts
1 extra large egg
1/4 c milk
1 t butter

PAN SIZE:  Two donuts make two cupcakes or a 5" tart pan
                    Six donuts makes a small loaf pan (9"x5")
                    A Dozen Donuts will make a 9" pie tin, an 8"x8" or 9"x9" square pan
                    18 Donuts will make a 9"x13" rectangular pan

DIRECTIONS

1)  Preheat oven to 350

2)  Butter baking dish

3)  Cut donuts into 1/8ths and put in pan

4)  Beat eggs and milk until smooth and pour over donuts

5)  Press donuts down into milk and egg mixture and let soak for 10+ minutes

6)  Bake until golden brown and knife inserted comes out clean

VARIATIONS

Rich-Use heavy whipping cream instead of milk

Almond-mix 1 T slivered almonds into donuts, top with 1 T slivered almonds & 1 T sugar before baking

NOTES:  Serve with ready whip.  You can used whipped cream, but I think the richness might be overpowering.  The airy sweetness of the ready-whip really compliments this recipe.  You could also try vanilla ice cream.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my food blog. If you have any question, comments or concerns please either go to the blog at http://ragingfoods.blogspot.com/ or email me at Raging.Mrs@gmail.com re: Raging Foods.

Thank you

Anthoinette Genheimer

French Onion Soup

 Due to health issues, some members of my family can only eat things with a clear broth base.  I decided to get creative and bring out the c...