Sunday, April 21, 2019

Donut Bread Pudding

Bread Pudding is a classic in most Southern homes.  In Mississippi they make it exceptionally well!  As always I have to put my particular stamp on it.  Or, in this case, find a way to use the excess donuts they have at Church. 

I have two variations that I use of this recipe and I will put them below. 

INGREDIENTS(for 2)

2 donuts
1 extra large egg
1/4 c milk
1 t butter

PAN SIZE:  Two donuts make two cupcakes or a 5" tart pan
                    Six donuts makes a small loaf pan (9"x5")
                    A Dozen Donuts will make a 9" pie tin, an 8"x8" or 9"x9" square pan
                    18 Donuts will make a 9"x13" rectangular pan

DIRECTIONS

1)  Preheat oven to 350

2)  Butter baking dish

3)  Cut donuts into 1/8ths and put in pan

4)  Beat eggs and milk until smooth and pour over donuts

5)  Press donuts down into milk and egg mixture and let soak for 10+ minutes

6)  Bake until golden brown and knife inserted comes out clean

VARIATIONS

Rich-Use heavy whipping cream instead of milk

Almond-mix 1 T slivered almonds into donuts, top with 1 T slivered almonds & 1 T sugar before baking

NOTES:  Serve with ready whip.  You can used whipped cream, but I think the richness might be overpowering.  The airy sweetness of the ready-whip really compliments this recipe.  You could also try vanilla ice cream.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my food blog. If you have any question, comments or concerns please either go to the blog at http://ragingfoods.blogspot.com/ or email me at Raging.Mrs@gmail.com re: Raging Foods.

Thank you

Anthoinette Genheimer

Soupport for the end of Homelessness with St. Vincent De Paul Wedding Soup

 Some of you may know that we are now making our sausages legally, under theFeastHall.com.   We have been given so much unsolicited support ...