Friday, April 13, 2018

Pimento Cheese

I have no idea how I have not posted this before!  I have been using this recipe for about two years and kept having to refer to an email I sent it to a friend in to find it.   So, here it is!!!



PIMENTO CHEESE

Ingredients
1/2 lb Sharp Cheddar
1/2 lb Pepper Jack
4 oz Jar Pimentos
1 t Chipotle
4 oz Cream Cheese

DIRECTIONS
1)  Grate Cheddar and Jack
2)  Drain Pimentos
3)  Place all ingredients in mixer and mix until mostly smooth
4)  Refrigerate until service


NOTES
1)  If you can not get Pimentos you can use roasted red peppers
2)  If you can not get Chipotle use 1/2 t Cayenne & 1/2 t Paprika
3)  I originally used Mayonaisse, but the cream cheese gives better flavor, texture and mouth feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my food blog. If you have any question, comments or concerns please either go to the blog at http://ragingfoods.blogspot.com/ or email me at Raging.Mrs@gmail.com re: Raging Foods.

Thank you

Anthoinette Genheimer

French Onion Soup

 Due to health issues, some members of my family can only eat things with a clear broth base.  I decided to get creative and bring out the c...