Friday, December 14, 2012

Pound Cake

This is another recipe with deep roots. The original pound cake is equal parts
by weight of flour, sugar, butter and egg. It doesn't require baking powder or
baking soda because the egg and butter leaven this cake. I use raw sugar and
add just enough lemon zest to make the flavor less heavy.

In my kitchen I use a scale. The measurements here were done on an online
converter and should each equal 1/2 lb.

CATEGORY:
Desert
Recipe Name:

pound cake
Ingredients:

2 1/4 c ap flour or 2 1/2 c cake flour
1 1/4 c raw sugar
1/2 lb butter
1 c egg (4 I think)
zest of 2 lemons
Steps:

* preheat oven to 450

* mix all ingredients until smooth

* pour all ingredients into shallow buttered pan

* bake for 25 minutes
NOTES:

This is lighter that one might expect but dense enough that a thin cake is all
you need. I make mine in a cookie sheet pan. It is denser the second day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my food blog. If you have any question, comments or concerns please either go to the blog at http://ragingfoods.blogspot.com/ or email me at Raging.Mrs@gmail.com re: Raging Foods.

Thank you

Anthoinette Genheimer

French Onion Soup

 Due to health issues, some members of my family can only eat things with a clear broth base.  I decided to get creative and bring out the c...