Friday, December 14, 2012

Pancakes

I have always made good pancakes. It's waffles that are the bane of my quick
bread existence and unfortunately I am not at liberty to share the wonderful
waffle recipe I recently acquired, as it is a friends family secret. Anyway,
back to pancakes. I had always used Betty Crocker's pancake recipe, adjusting
the liquid, less for thicker pancakes and more liquid for thinner pancakes. We
have a restaurant around here that has fluffy, spongy, addictive pancakes that I
can not get enough of. Being me, I had to figure out how they got that texture.
I had to know. I had to be able to make these pancakes to feed my addiction.
This is what I came up with.

CATEGORY:
Breakfast
Recipe Name:

pancake
Ingredients:

1 c flour
1 c milk
1 egg
1 T honey
1 T grapeseed oil
1 T baking powder
1/2 t vanilla
Steps:

* mix all ingredients until smooth

* warm skillet on med-med-low

* lightly oil skillet

* pour desired amount of batter into pan and cook about 3 minutes until all
bubbles form and almost all bubbles pop

* flip pancake and cook for an additional 30-60 seconds

* serve
NOTES:

This batter creates a spongy pancake like a local restaurant makes that I am in
LOVE with!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my food blog. If you have any question, comments or concerns please either go to the blog at http://ragingfoods.blogspot.com/ or email me at Raging.Mrs@gmail.com re: Raging Foods.

Thank you

Anthoinette Genheimer

French Onion Soup

 Due to health issues, some members of my family can only eat things with a clear broth base.  I decided to get creative and bring out the c...