I have always made good pancakes. It's waffles that are the bane of my quick
bread existence and unfortunately I am not at liberty to share the wonderful waffle recipe I recently acquired, as it is a friends family secret. Anyway, back to pancakes. I had always used Betty Crocker's pancake recipe, adjusting the liquid, less for thicker pancakes and more liquid for thinner pancakes. We have a restaurant around here that has fluffy, spongy, addictive pancakes that I can not get enough of. Being me, I had to figure out how they got that texture. I had to know. I had to be able to make these pancakes to feed my addiction. This is what I came up with. CATEGORY: Breakfast Recipe Name: pancake Ingredients: 1 c flour 1 c milk 1 egg 1 T honey 1 T grapeseed oil 1 T baking powder 1/2 t vanilla Steps: * mix all ingredients until smooth * warm skillet on med-med-low * lightly oil skillet * pour desired amount of batter into pan and cook about 3 minutes until all bubbles form and almost all bubbles pop * flip pancake and cook for an additional 30-60 seconds * serve NOTES: This batter creates a spongy pancake like a local restaurant makes that I am in LOVE with! |
Food Whisperer, Gourmet, Inspired. Of these things I have been accused, I believe we all should be inspired! I know I inspire others to try new things in the kitchen. Food can, will and does change lives! It should be fun, easy and bring pleasure to our hearts, bodies, and souls. I embrace challenges like; cooking for multiple people with food allergies at once, creating medieval feasts, and cooking for whatever occasion or food inspires me.
Friday, December 14, 2012
Pancakes
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Soupport for the end of Homelessness with St. Vincent De Paul Wedding Soup
Some of you may know that we are now making our sausages legally, under theFeastHall.com. We have been given so much unsolicited support ...
-
CATEGORY: Starches Recipe Name: Spaetzle sauce Ingredients: 1 bag spaetzle 2 T butter 2 T flour 2 c milk 1/4 onion, diced 1/4 lb mushroom,...
-
Yogurt is one the healthy foods that the food industry has not only made unhealthy but destroyed! Pick up a container of Yoplait or some o...
-
So my husband and I are going to work on a few new sausages today. We do everything in 3 lb batches, even when we try them the first time...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for reading my food blog. If you have any question, comments or concerns please either go to the blog at http://ragingfoods.blogspot.com/ or email me at Raging.Mrs@gmail.com re: Raging Foods.
Thank you
Anthoinette Genheimer