Friday, December 14, 2012

Baked Beans the Magical Fruit

I had to search online if beans were a starch or vegetable. No one knows.
Then, just before I started this post I remembered one of my son's favorite
blurbs, "beans the magical fruit, the more you eat, the more you toot."

My husband and I have been slowly working on a baked bean recipe. Before today
there was always something off. But today, with the inspiration of famous chefs
fresh in my mind, I conquered Baked Beans. I knew not to change another thing
when my husband said "that is it". So, here is the recipe for the magical
fruit.

CATEGORY:
Vegetables
Recipe Name:

baked beans, or so they are called
Ingredients:

1 bag (2 c) dried beans
1 gal water
1/2 lb bacon, diced
1 red onion, diced
2 T garlic, minced
1 c tomato sauce
1/2 c raw sugar
2 T chili powder
1 T mustard powder
1 t cumin
1 t salt
1 t pepper
1/2 c water
1/2 c cider vinegar
Steps:

* Soak bean overnight

* Cover beans with 1 gallons water and bring to boil for 1 hour, when soft drain
and remove from heat

* Saute bacon and onion until onion is translucent, about 10 minutes

* Add all remaining ingredients and mix well

* Add beans into sauce and bake for 1 hour at 350

* Serve hot or room temperature
NOTES:

*If you cook your beans in a pasta drainer you don't have to worry about
stirring them while boiling

*If you are in a hurry use black eye peas

*you can cook the beans before hand, cool or freeze them and bake them when you
want them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my food blog. If you have any question, comments or concerns please either go to the blog at http://ragingfoods.blogspot.com/ or email me at Raging.Mrs@gmail.com re: Raging Foods.

Thank you

Anthoinette Genheimer

French Onion Soup

 Due to health issues, some members of my family can only eat things with a clear broth base.  I decided to get creative and bring out the c...