Friday, December 14, 2012

Hummus

I have to thank one of my readers for reminding me to try to make this. Hummus
is a simple and old middle eastern recipe. You can add different things to it
like spices, peppers, eggplant, cucumber, or what ever your heart desires. I am
a purist and like it plain.

CATEGORY:
Appetizers/finger food
Recipe Name:

Hummus
Ingredients:

1 c dry chick peas
juice of 2 lemons
1/2 c extra virgin olive oil
1/3 c sesame seeds
2 T garlic, minced
1 t salt
1 t pepper
Steps:

* soak chick peas/garbanzo beans overnight in a 1 quart container filled with
water.

* rinse, cover with 2 quarts water and bring to a boil for 1 hour then drain

*mix all ingredients in a food processor, or mixer until smooth

* refrigerate and serve
NOTES:

Chick peas and garbanzo beans are the same thing

If you want to use canned beans use 2 (16 oz) cans and drain.

This is a basic recipe that can be adjusted to your hearts content

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my food blog. If you have any question, comments or concerns please either go to the blog at http://ragingfoods.blogspot.com/ or email me at Raging.Mrs@gmail.com re: Raging Foods.

Thank you

Anthoinette Genheimer

French Onion Soup

 Due to health issues, some members of my family can only eat things with a clear broth base.  I decided to get creative and bring out the c...