I when I think of frosting purchased in a store or made by someone else,
including most bakeries I think of icky shortening, powdered sugar and food coloring yick, that is sick sweet with that horrid aftertaste. Frosting should not be a negative memory. You don't need a PHD to make good frosting, nor do you need to make a complex buttercream. Heck, you don't even truly need a recipe. The frosting that I make always starts out the same, with a brick of neufchantel ( low-fat cream cheese). It is really simple: you start with a stand mixer, put in the neufchantel and start slowly adding powder sugar, until you get the desired consistency. This gives you a basic frosting. If you add 1 t-1 T of extract, juice or what ever flavoring you want, possibly lemon or orange zest, add a little more powdered sugar to bring it to consistency and you have a custom flavored frosting. Try using a 1 T coffee and 1 T cocoa powder and you have a mocha frosting. My father always lives by K.I.S.S.(keep it simple stupid) and with frosting that is what I do. I hope this helps you throughout the year. |
Food Whisperer, Gourmet, Inspired. Of these things I have been accused, I believe we all should be inspired! I know I inspire others to try new things in the kitchen. Food can, will and does change lives! It should be fun, easy and bring pleasure to our hearts, bodies, and souls. I embrace challenges like; cooking for multiple people with food allergies at once, creating medieval feasts, and cooking for whatever occasion or food inspires me.
Thursday, December 13, 2012
Frosting
Labels:
Dessert
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Soupport for the end of Homelessness with St. Vincent De Paul Wedding Soup
Some of you may know that we are now making our sausages legally, under theFeastHall.com. We have been given so much unsolicited support ...
-
CATEGORY: Starches Recipe Name: Spaetzle sauce Ingredients: 1 bag spaetzle 2 T butter 2 T flour 2 c milk 1/4 onion, diced 1/4 lb mushroom,...
-
Yogurt is one the healthy foods that the food industry has not only made unhealthy but destroyed! Pick up a container of Yoplait or some o...
-
So my husband and I are going to work on a few new sausages today. We do everything in 3 lb batches, even when we try them the first time...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for reading my food blog. If you have any question, comments or concerns please either go to the blog at http://ragingfoods.blogspot.com/ or email me at Raging.Mrs@gmail.com re: Raging Foods.
Thank you
Anthoinette Genheimer